 General / 49271
49270  |  49272
Subject:
Shifty set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:45:12 GMT

Hi!

In a local shop I noticed a Shifty set, a copy of Lego 1761:
I bought it, just to see what it was, and found:

The box is a copy, with the right colours, and the error on the box - there are
by some reason two models of this one.
The insctructions seem correct though.
The lego set costed 35 EEK (~2,3 EUR), while the Shifty costed only 11 EEK
(~0,80 EUR). Much cheaper. I decided to waste this huge :-) amount of money to
check it out.

There is only one pink brick in the set, while the other "pink" bricks are red.
And looking at the plastic, it seems like a lousy quality. I haven't opened the
plastics bag yet, nor intend too. I have seen what I wanted to see.

Though I am surpriced, how this copy can be on European market (is this
allowed?). Probably from the time before EU, I hope that I will not see more of
this. I have seen COBI and Megablocks, at least they create their own lines, but
this Shifty (also named Enlighten) beats all.

Just wondering should I build the copy? Or just throw it away?

I'll probably keep it, for use in exhibitions.

Sonnich