 General / 49243
Re: Lego Trivia Game Show Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:59:13 GMT

I forgot to thank you, BTW, for the Train Shed I won at BF.  I haven't bought one
yet, so your show made me pretty happy, especially since I showed up 30min late,
and had NO idea what the rules were ;-)

And I didn't have access to the web to research, nor did anyone else at BF.  I'm
sure our scores would have been higher taking them online ;-)

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.announce, David Eaton wrote:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/trivia2004.cgi

So, after a week, the votes are in:

Out of 329 people tallied[1]:

Level Stats
-----------------------
Level 1 - 70.0% Correct
Level 2 - 48.7% Correct
Level 3 - 39.2% Correct
Level 4 - 34.1% Correct
Level 5 - 25.3% Correct
Level 6 - 21.8% Correct

Category Stats
---------------------------------
Company Trivia    - 50.5% Correct
Set Trivia        - 47.6% Correct
Product Trivia    - 47.5% Correct
Piece Trivia      - 47.2% Correct
Software Trivia   - 42.6% Correct
Community Trivia  - 41.8% Correct
Company History   - 39.6% Correct
Fan Site Trivia   - 39.0% Correct
CAD Trivia        - 33.3% Correct
Community History - 29.8% Correct

Easiest Question: (96.1% accurate)
- What does "LUG" stand for in most Lego clubs?

Hardest Questions: (Tied at 5% accurate)
- Name either co-creator that came up with the ORIGINAL version of BrikWars
  entitled 'LegoWars'.
- How many studs are on a rectangular BURP?

And if you haven't had enough Lego Trivia, I also came across another quickie
Lego quiz online (with a couple mistakes in it):

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=94291

Mistakes being:
- The year they give as the founding of the company is actually the year Lego
made its first *toys*. The "company" was actually established in 1895, and
bought by Ole Kirk in 1916 (I think those dates are right, I'm remembering
offhand). And it was first called "Lego" two years after they made their first
toys.
- The toy for children under 5 that they mention wasn't actually started in
1967, but in 1969
- They misspelled one of the Lego themes, I'm sure you can tell which :)

DaveE

[1] 105 scores weren't counted because:
- 85 didn't answer enough questions (less than 10)
- 20 answered questions 100% correctly

(actually, the logic used to determine both those stats is a little more
complex-- it was more of a test to see who was being honest and who was just
answering "Correct" for everything regardless of their answer. In reality it's
more like '85 people may have been cheating, but not enough data to be sure',
and '20 people really do look like they're cheating')

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/