 General / 48784
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:44:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Janssen wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all, Over the past few days and possibly weeks the Bricklink administration has been suspending stores for seemingly minor violations with the TOS of the Bricklink site. So far Larry p. has been suspended and now completely removed from the bricklink site. For more information please see this thread on Bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=63820

I have also found that one of my favorite stores: Anne’s Virtual Lego Shop > has also been suspended.

Could someone please explain this insanity to me? OnDrew

I think it is not fair Larry was suspended/removed, I hope he gets reinstated soon.

Have you read the post you cited? It is pretty clear he passed on his chance to get reinstated. Given Larry’s role on LUGNET, I thought he’d understand the importance of the ToS: Dan informed me yesterday that I needed to remove that wording as it’s a ToS violation. I responded with a suggestion for a different approach.

When reading that post, two points came to mind:
  1. Dan has put a lot of work into BL. I, for one, have a lot of respect for that. The community should not make the mistake of underestimating how much BL has shaped this community.
  2. Larry has supported this community a great deal also. However, he does have a tendency to abuse the respect he has gained and throw his weight about a little (we all know what I mean).
Scott A

   As for Anne, that is an entirely different story, she’s not shipped many orders, half-shipped orders, ignored communication form customers, and has recevied 20 negatvie feedback in addition to many neutrals. Although I do not know all circumstances, suspending a really bad seller is a good thing, removing altogether is even better. This may not be an explanation, but it should be very clear that these cases are completely unrelated, and should be view upon/commented upon seperately.

Paul