 General / 48623
Re: Mystery Catalog Picture?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 01:19:46 GMT

"Ian Lauer" <humveeij@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:I1q4MA.qxt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll wrote:

I have a half-page catalog where a few Blacktron I minifigs are coming in from the left with ray guns and a Battarax, • threatening a
crowd of Futuron guys and holding up a monorail.  It seems to be taking place on the top of a hill, and on the bottom are more
futuron space station sets.  In the upper right corner is that realy big Space Police I cruiser flying in.  Is this what you're
looking for?

Yeah, I think that's the one!  Thanks for looking it up.  Any chance that you
could scan the picture, or tell me what year the catalog is from?  Thanks.
- Ian Lauer

It's the American version of <http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1989/c89eu/c89eu-15.html>
It has the same cover picture, but as far as I can tell, the other pictures are very different.  I don't know where my copy is right
now, but if I have the time, I'll scan it when I find it.  It was actually my favorite catalog.  I came across it a little bit later
after my first space sets (M:Tron) back in 1991.  Since those catalogs didn't have any dates on them, I waited years for Futuron,
Space Police, and what I thought would be Black Tron 2 to come out.

--
Markham Carroll