 General / 48622
Re: Global AFOLs Group - details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:51:02 GMT, "Jake McKee"
<sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote:

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hi Jake,

First of all, I think it's a good idea to get some heads together from
all over the community. Looking at the list of represented
communities/groups/sites I wondered: if you want to keep the group
small, why have 2 reps for Eurobricks, 2 reps for 'De Bouwsteen', and
nobody representing LowLug? Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against
any of the people in person, in fact I barely know them, but looking
at the number of 'registered users' on Lowlug I dare say it's a force
to be reckoned with....

Duq

Hi,

I'm not Jake, but I think I can answer this (at least partially).

I know it might be confusing, but there are actually two different Eurobricks
organizations! Hence there are two reps!

I believe Eric Brok is primarily representing Eurobrick (rather than De
Bouwsteen). Eurobrick is a network of European LUG's. You can find more info
about Eurobrick at De Bouwsteens website. Most European clubs are members of
Eurobrick and hence represented by Eric in the GlobalAFOL group. If Lowlug is
not a member of Eurobrick your club can become a member and have Eric represent
your interests that way.

Kecia Hansen