 General / 48607
48606  |  48608
Subject:
Could it be a Dim Age?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:05:37 GMT

Well, I’m one of the lucky few who has never had a Lego® Dark Age. I never felt that I was too old to collect the brick, and I was never embarassed to play with ABS. But alas, if anyone’s been wondering why my presence here has been almost nil of late, the answer lies in the busy-ness of “real life” that sometimes plagues each of us. Not that real life has been all that bad -I’m happily getting married and persuing the dream of home-ownership afterall. But the hobbies have all been put on hold as a result of how busy it all is, and shall likely remain at least for a couple more months.

So, I thought I’d take a moment to reflect and say hello to my old friends on Lugnet. Several of you are probably planning to attend BrickFest right about now. To you, I have but one thing to say: SPACE!!!!!! :-D

Meanwhile, I just put all my belongings into a single storage room. It was a sad moment when I realized the last box of my Lego® had been sealed in preparation for a move to an unfound home. And yet, at the same time it was a glorious moment when I came to grips with the fact that the vast majority of the 10’X10’X8’ space was in fact filled with the boxes, containers, and display tables that all linked to one single hobby. :)

So I have entered not a dark age, but rather just a dim age. My ABS rests in the shadows awaiting the inevitable day when the promised land, a new LSF (Lego® Storage Facility) can be found; a bigger, better one than before. And on that day the light will shine and I will return to the fold! Bwahahahaa!!!

Huh? Oh sorry. I just wanted to say hello and hope that everyone has been having fun building this year! See you again when I get through it all!

Cheers,

-Hendo