 General / 48565
Re: Do you mention Lego in interviews?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:14:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson wrote:
I was wondering, does anybody have any stories about bringing up Lego during a
job interview or school admissions interview?

Maybe it was not such a good idea to do it...

At my last job interview I mentioned it, and I'm working here now so it couldn't
have been *too* bad!

The person I was talking to just asked what I like to do when I'm not being a
computer programmer, I mentioned that I was part of a model train club that
builds their layout out of Lego - then I showed him the Lego watch I was
wearing.  (I think I lost that watch recently, and I'm bummed about it...)

I also mentioned that I had worked part-time at the Lego Imagination Center for
almost seven years, and I think that job gave me the experience to be very
comfortable in talking to people.

And now I have my Challenger:
here on my bookshelf above my desk - but I've only got room for three cars.

I've already asked for a larger desk to display the other four cars.  :-)

And my boss wants to know the next time we're setting up the layout, because he
wants to see it in person!
JohnG, GMLTC