 General / 48468
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:49:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
   To LUGNET users:

For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community. Sometimes I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. -- deleted--

Randall et al-

Ah, but what is “the good of the community”? Certainly “the community” is not the same as LEGO’s core market. Our community is a niche of serious LEGO builders, both kids and adults, who prize the value of the highly flexible, very standardized, and high quality product called the “LEGO system”.

Many of us are concerned with the cumulative assault on “the system” from juniorization, explosion of colors, quality control, retirement of basic colors, attempts to find new markets, and other changes that LEGO has made. Prior to the current uproar, we are told, it never occurred to TLC consider the impact of changes to “the community”. So maybe we will never see light and dark gray again, maybe we will, but either way TLC “officially” knows there are people out here who are impacted by these choices. To me, that’s certainly been for “the good of the community”.

-Ted