 General / 4843
Re: Lego Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:35:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Hi,
this may sound pretty stupid, but for how long has a red 2x4 brick crossed the
T on the word "System" in the Lego System logo? I have never really noticed it
and I think it looks weird; it looks like it says "Sysiem" instead.
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/

From looking at instruction manuals, it appears that TLG started using it 1992.
In 1991, They just had the standard red Lego square.  Before that they had a
yellow banner in the corner that read: "Legoland".  That was always my
favorite, as I think the word "System" with the brick on the "T" looks cheesy.

Jeff