 General / 48241
Re: Friday Surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   It’s Friday and what better to celebrate than with...

Roof Tiles (aka Slopes)

Check out the new bulk items, available for pre-order now in the US, and now (or soon) in Europe!

Hopefully this will add a bit of happiness to an otherwise ordinary weekend :)

My reaction:

Jumping with excitement.

Stop jumping and get confused. Wait, where are the inside corners? They broke the old pack into two packs and left out the inside (concave) corner parts. Darn.

Oh wait, I bought 250 black inside corners on bricklink, so it doesn’t matter.

Jumping with excitement again. Oh, I really need the black ridge pack, because I need more tops and outside (convex) corners!

Good stuff, but I’m fairly surprised that the inside corners are absent from all of this, especially since inside corners have been in production lately. (Shrieking Shack has them, and the red roofed house from the german catalog has them) But I guess I already have enough black ones, and that house will supply me with red ones. It’s outside corners and tops that I really need the most.

Yeah, these are great packs and I’ll have to get a few of each. Still - the old pack had been in production off and on for decades... I’m surprised that wasn’t just used again.

Regardless, thanks Jake!