 General / 48164
Re: LegoRoy - European Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:16:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
   This is great. I’ve always wanted to do something like this.

“LegoRoy” if your out there, tell us about your adventures!

Greetings Eric and everyone,

I was going to do a posting on my pictures when I checked brickshelf and saw that it had 1800 hits so I figured someone must have beat me to it...thanks Eric.

My wife and I fulfilled a dream by doing a six week tour of Europe. Our itinerary was: Rome, Florence, Sienna, Venice, Budapest, Munich, Berlin, Denmark (mainland, of course Legoland), Enschede (Eastern Netherlands), Cologne, Paris, and Normandy. We sent updates and pictures during our trip. My father posted these at:

http://www.primalcalling.com/r+t/intro.htm

I thought it would be fun to take pictures of major landmarks with minifig representations of us. The names “Ray and Tamantha” is a play on our real names, “Roy and Tammy”. It was a challenge to get a decent perspective of the minifigs and the landmarks, often I would be lying on the ground with the camera waiting for people to move out of the way of the landmark. I had many strange looks and laughter while I was taking the shots.

One of the highlights of my trip was a tour of the Lego Factory in Billund. I was able to arrange the tour through my contacts at the Calgary Science Centre. The automation was amazing. I had to keep my hands in my pockets to prevent myself from touching anything and stuffing my pockets. They did not allow any pictures in the factory.

If there are any questions feel free to ask,

Roy