 General / 48117
  Re: 2004 Alpha Team: The Good, the Bad, and the Jack Stone

(...) Are you sure about that? They may not be the exact same parts, but the hinge fingers sure look like a match. I'll have to test it though. I'd bet Lego has a patent on the new click hinge finger design, in addition to any patents on the hinged (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Alpha Team: The Good, the Bad, and the Jack Stone

(...) Oops. Perhaps my wording was vague, but you're correct. The fingers are indeed compatible, though the bricks/plates themselves are not overly similar. I would guess that they're not sufficiently idential to be in danger of patent infringement. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)