 General / 48105
  Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

In a collection of parts (probably from mid-late 70s) I found a 2x8 red brick that has a single hole in the top/middle of it - between the 4th and 5th studs. The hole is about the same diameter as the classic antenna pieces. Anyone know which set(s) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

(...) Eric, I've had this piece for quite awhile and wondered the same thing myself. I added a picture of it to my comparison galleries on Brickshelf: (URL) post mod. I've also added it to the Peeron catalog: (URL) buy bulk, so don't know what set (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

(...) Clark, Thanks for the picture and ideas! Eric (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

(...) Well, don't ask me for the set number - I have only a vague memory on the details, although the core idea is clear -, but I can give you a hint what to look out for. This brick was not used for building, but as a kind of handle. AFAIK, the set (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

(...) Thanks for the info Christian, I always thought it was part of the Car Steering Gear Axle assembly found in truck sets of 1967-74. This was where you could turn a 1x2 brick (with "LEGO" embossed on one side of the brick) on top of the cab of a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying 2x8 brick with single hole

(...) Interesting note here, too. I have one of those sets: 730 Steam Shovel. The bottom plate with a hole in it is actually a 5x6 plate... one of the few times there has been a plate (or brick) of odd dimension greater than 3. eric (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)