 General / 48065
Re: Samsonite LEGO - 005 Discovery Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
Lugnet needs a new guide entry for the following set:

005 Discovery Set

(snip)

I've always wanted to see some automated method for users in Eric's position (a
position I find myself in a LOT...I have a few cool items that are not in the
database) to be able to SUBMIT NEW SETS to the database.

It would involve typing info into various fields like name, pieces, minifigs,
MSRP, etc. (users enter "?" if unknown), and would have interface to upload an
image.  The submission would be verified by admin and if approved, added to the
database.  Perhaps a database newsgroup post would occur when submissions and/or
verifications happen, so everyone can be kept appraised of new additions.

Members should similarly be able SUBMIT CORRECTIONS/ADDITIONS to the database,
for those listings with missing data, no image, etc.

Something like this would be so much more efficient than post's like Eric's (and
a few of my own) that may or may not even get read by the right people.

--Dave