 General / 48023
48022  |  48024
Subject:
Lego part available again after 27 years?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:11:40 GMT

Like many of you I have purchased a few of the new Harry Potter sets.

There is a new one out called "Shrieking Shack" #4756, which appears to have (4)
2x2 inside corner regular sloped bricks in white!  This piece has not been seen
in 27 years, since the Rescue Helicopter set (#770 in USA/#386 in Europe and
Canada) which came out in 1976-77.  That set had 2 of them.  If these are truly
white inside corner slopes, then that would be great!  Since I have only seen
the #4756 set in a catalog, I am assuming that the roof slopes are white.

I made that same assumption with the #4586 Doc Ock's Hideout (Spiderman Lego),
namely that the (7) 1x4x5 tall windows were white (like they look on the box),
but when I got the set I was dismayed that they were light gray.  But I love
those window stickers that make them look like "mullioned" windows (with 36
small panes of glass).  TLG should make these stickers available in other colors
(along with the 1x4x5 windows in other colors (besides the black ones currently
in Lego Shop-at-Home)).  I would love to have these window stickers available in
red, black and white (blue 1x4x5 windows are rare, and yellow 1x4x5 windows are
very rare).

Anyway getting back to what appears to be (4) 2x2 regular sloped inside corner
bricks in white (!), I think it would be great if TLG came out with an old parts
pack, but in some new colors.  That set would be #283 (misc. roof bricks) which
was produced 1957-65 (in Britain the same set #483 continued production
1966-72).  These #283/#483 parts packs were only produced in either red or blue,
and had these contents:

(10) - 2x2 outside corner sloped bricks.
(5)  - 2x2 inside corner sloped bricks.
(3)  - 1x2 half pyramid bricks.
(1)  - 2x2 gable connector (the slope that looks like someone bit off part).
(1)  - 2x2 roof peak (but with a "L" roof ridge instead of the "I" roof ridge
that we are familiar with).  This piece has been discontinued since 1972.  (I am
only mentioning this piece because it was part of the set, not because I want it
reissued.)

Wouldn't this be a nice set to have in white, blue, yellow, gray, as well as the
more common red and black.

Just dreamin'

Gary Istok