 General / 48013
Re: Samsonite Lego in the USA (1961-72) were factory seconds??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

fonts - 90, 180, and 270 degree rotations).  And some pieces (especially yellow)
were produced in Cellulose Acetate (eliminated in Europe in 1963) until 1970.
Also the old waffle bottom white plates produced in Europe until 1963 were still

Any way to tell which bricks are Cellulose Acetate and which are ABS (other than
visual inspection)?  From some preliminary checking it doesn't appear that there
is a link between the logo font and the material.  I did notice that some of my
oldest pieces have black spots on them which I assume is mold.  Hooray for
sterile ABS!

Eric Strand