 General / 47992
Re: 2x4 Brick model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 03:20:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Darrell Urbien wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have instructions for an enlarged 2x4 brick made of lego? I'd really
like one about a foot long, but I guess I'd take any size.

Since a 2x4 is about 1.25 inches long I guess you'd be looking at a scale of
about 1:9.6.  So it would probably be just as easy to build it to 9 times
original size, or 10 times.

I have built a few 'jumbo' bricks like this and they are fairly easy to do.  You
just need to look at the piece you are recreating and start multiplying it's
dimensions by whatever size you want to scale it up to.

For inspiration, you might try some of these links:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30770 (Sean Kenney's work, which
inspired me to build some of these type of bricks - includes a pic of a 2x4)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=24615 (some interesting 10X
models)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=65125 (my instructions for a 10X
1x1 Technic brick)

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=51&review=837&revOn=true
(a headlight brick, also at 10X)

Don't forget Eric Harshbarger's large version of the Classic Space LL924 Space
Cruiser:

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/924x3.html

And he has some good pictures upon which to base your work.

-Orion