 General / 47989
  Samsonite Lego in the USA (1961-72) were factory seconds??

OK, Now that I'm back, I thought I would open up a hornets nest..... After checking about 2 dozen old Samsonite Lego sets from 1961-70 and several dozen European Lego sets from the same era, I have come to the conclusion that the quality of a lot (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Samsonite Lego in the USA (1961-72) were factory seconds??

(...) Any way to tell which bricks are Cellulose Acetate and which are ABS (other than visual inspection)? From some preliminary checking it doesn't appear that there is a link between the logo font and the material. I did notice that some of my (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Samsonite Lego in the USA (1961-72) were factory seconds??

(...) Update: I did find your old notes to help me identify CA vs ABS: (URL) recent updates to this? Thanks, Eric (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)