 General / 47949
Re: Are we there yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:17:26 GMT

Hope that includes a little something for the folks who are looking to
become members!

- Ram -

"Tim Courtney" <lego@SPAMCAKE.timcourtney.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
Yes, I am a backseat complainer.  But I wanted to know what the progress • was on
the great changes we were told would be made to LUGNET:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2421&t=i&v=a

I know there is a new server.  But I am not sure what else has changed.

A group of people were named as an advisory committee.  I have met many • of those
named and trust and respect them.  But I don't know what they are doing.

After the flurry of discussion and activity (partly promted by the • LEGOfan.net
insurrection), talk of big changes seems to have died down.

From this participant's viewpoint, I see the same LUGNET I've always • seen.

What's in store for the future?

Thomas -
Good question. Actually, we are planning an announcement for early next • week
that will update the community on the progress so far. We're not 'there • yet,'
but we're well on our way. While we're all committed to the transition, • that
doesn't make the task easy. However, we're working consistently and • methodically
on the needed technical, organizational and structural changes.

I understand the impatience, cause I'm impatient too :-) The difference • between
'internet time' and the time it takes to discuss and plough through • something
like this can be significant, more significant if you're looking from the
outside not seeing the daily progress.

So, thanks for your interest. Keep your eyes open for an update next week. • We
still have a ways to go, but hopefully this update will reassure people • that
we're headed in the right direction.

-Tim