 General / 47604
Re: Anyone Dealt with retro_one_stop_shop*com on and/or off of ebay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 13:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jay Sim wrote:
Basically I found a MISB 7725 on ebay and msged the seller if he would make me a
deal so without asking he just took it off ebay and I made him an offer and we
agreed.

I sent him money via western union because he said he was selling such a rare
set because he needed money quick to pay rent and bills and such. I was
reluctant due to the high fees but he agreed to lower his price.
I sent him the money and after two weeks nothing showed and now its been almost
a month.

The thing is he used the post office as a scapegoat by saying if they lost it,
it would not be his fault. He kept changing emails to avoid me and also finally
said he received the set back from the post office damaged and stolen after I
threatened him with the cops and reporting him to the FBI fraud and such. He
said he would send me a money order back but then nothing showed and thats been
2 weeks.

He took my money and ran.

Anyone dealt with this guy in New York, Michal Wilczynski??

I did report him to the FBI Fraud and IFCC dept. I will call the Brooklyn New
York Police Dept to see if they can do anything when I get the chance.

I'm really sorry to hear that you got fleeced (although there were lots of
warning signs that you were going to get taken if you'd been watching
carefully... taking a listed item off ebay and doing a private sale means you
then have no protection from ebay, paying via MO means you have no protection
from paypal, etc etc etc).

However, this post doesn't really, in my view, belong in lugnet.general. Nor
does it or a duplicate of it (http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=1668 ) belong in
lugnet.lego either. It's a market related issue I think

You're more likely to get responses if you post in the right group, I think.

Also, please learn how to cross post if you can, rather than posting duplicates
of the same post in different groups. see
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/multiple for info on how to
crosspost

I've set the followup to this post to market.auction