 General / 46933
46932  |  46934
Subject:
New group suggestions (was Top 100 posters of 2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:02:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I remember it from Early 2003 for 2002, someone did it then.  How hard is it
to do and how do you go about it?  I kow I'd like to see how many posts I
made last year and what ranking of blabbermouth I was.  Of course, you know
Lar will be #1 (again)...

Perhaps this is dangerous ground.  You'll end up with people posting rubbish
just to boost their blabbermouth rating!  I saw this on a bulletin board years
ago and people got banned for adding one-letter postings to a file that in any
case had insufficient grounds for existence!

I would suggest three new groups that would have meaning though:

lugnet.technic.pneumatics for discussing pneumatic systems.  My exhanges on the
subject tend to become essays, due to the complexity of the systems.  I hope it
doesn't swamp lugnet.technic.

lugnet.parts for discussing new parts, mods to parts, parts you really want that
may never be made, 5 most useful/useless parts etc...

lugnet.colors for discussing colo(u)rs of parts, new, old, opinions of, wants
etc...

If there are insufficient grounds for creating these, please say which groups
the discussions should be in.

Mark