 General / 4661
4660  |  4662
Subject:
Weird item
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:52:29 GMT

I recently bought a large number of promotional mini-figs. There were four
types: Futuron Yellow, Red, Original Blacktron, and M-Tron. The figures,
being promo figs, were glued together, including the visors, although the
arms, and legs were fully mobile. Unfortunately, they also didn't have air
tanks.

The weird bit is glued to the backs of half the figures. The red and M-Tron
figures have small plates glued to their backs. The plate has a lip at the
top, and a stud in the middle of the plate. This stud is shorter than usual,
and also seems to be slightly wider, and the hole in the middle is slightly
smaller than usual.

So does anyone know what the plates are there for? They tend to not hold
bricks very well. Because of the unusual width it can be difficult to get a
brick on, and once you do, the stud is short enough that with the slightest
jostle the brick pops off.

Rob