 General / 46541
Re: New Pics of Matt's Roller Coaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
Well, I have finally got updated roller coaster pictures on line.  These are
pictures of the coaster in its latest rendition, as shown at BrickFest PDX last
month.  Check www.insidethevault.com/rollercoaster.

I am still looking for a good video of the coaster in action at BrickFest that I
can put on the web site, so if you have one you would like to share, please let
me know.

The new layout of the roller coaster presentation is similar to the old one, but
different, with generally better pictures and more detail.  And if you want to
see the old presentation that is still available too, so you can compare the
many vast improvements.

And [shameless plug mode on] you can even buy the roller coaster - it is up for
auction at AuctionBrick - see this message in auctions:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=10344 [shameless plus mode off]...

Many thanks to all of you who enjoyed seeing the roller coaster in action at
BrickFest - I really love showing it off in public, and you guys were an
especially appreciative audience.  I just wish I had the room to continue
storing it, but as I type, it is still getting beat to death in the back of my
truck.

-Matt :)
In my grey ages...

Matt, in case I haven't said this before, your roller coaster is amazing!  I
have wanted to build something like this for a long time, and I know how
difficult it can be to get a complex mechanism to work reliably and still
maintain a realistic look and scale.

What amazes me even more is that you could even dream of parting with it.  I
sincerely hope that you find a place to display this awesome creation if you do
not find a buyer for it.  I would hate to think that such a cool model might be
dismantled for lack of a permanent home.  Perhaps I will save up the funds that
I am not spending on new LEGO sets in order to buy it from you.

Also, very nice presentation on your web page!  You've included some great
details about the project and its construction.  Excellent photos as well.  I
wonder if you have considered getting your hands on one of those wireless
pinhole cameras to get a minifig's-eye-view video of the ride...

- Chris.