 General / 45992
Re: Anyone know of a good source of non-basic black parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:45:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
Are there any sets out there that are a good source of specialized system
parts in black (i.e. not bricks, plates, slopes and other basic parts)
I am looking for more black greebles to make my next space creation look
cooler :)

Hi Jonathan,

Please excuse me if I'm stating anything obvious here, but some of this wasn't
obvious when I first found my way to Lugnet once upon a time...

Your best bet dollarwise would be BrickLink
http://www.bricklink.com/
where you can either browse (if you're not sure what some pieces are called) or
search for specific parts (if you do), so you can get just the parts you want.

If and when you know what the parts are called, you can search Peeron
http://www.bricklink.com/
by part name or number and that way, you'll find how many parts in what colour
are in various sets. Another way to find out what a part is called is to plug in
the number of a set you know has the part and scroll through the inventory until
you find it.

If you do want sets rather than parts, then it's off to your local store (or
back to BrickLink if the set is old to see if anyone is selling it.)

Peace and happy shopping

Professor Whateverly