 General / 45820
45819  |  45821
Subject:
40 DKK / 100 gram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:34:05 GMT

During our last visit at Legoland Billund (May 2003), I noticed that it was possible to buy some LEGO pieces by weight (40 DKK / 100 gram). I didn’t pay lots of attention to it at the time (no projects planned) but I can remember seeing some pieces in rather rare colours (e.g. dark pink plates). I do have plans to build a (quite large ?) mosaic (studs on top) that requires lots of plates. Before we plan our next holiday (again Legoland Billund?) I need to know the following:
  • Will it be possible to buy pieces by weight this season (at the same price?)? How about the other European LEGO-parks?
  • Is there an inventorie of the pieces that are available? (for my mosaic I’ll probably need lots of 1xN and 2xN plates in as many different colours as possible)
  • Because I’ll need lots of small 1xN and 2xN plates, it will probably be cheaper to buy these pieces by weight than to order them through S@H or Bricklink. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how many pieces I’ll get for 100 gram ? (a while ago somebody weighed a few small pieces: I am not interested in the weight of one element, the weight of 100 similar elements will be of more interest)
Knowing what colours will be available might be of interest in choosing a subject for my mosaic (I’ll have to make sure that there will be enough place in the trunk of the car to put all my acquisitions too).

Maarten