 General / 45339
Re: Lego on postage stamps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:19:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
I picked up the stamps and have them hanging around somewhere. Looks like the
left portion of the top left stamp is LEGO-based, at least the house and
possibly the figure; and of course Tahu. It doesn't look like any of the
others contain LEGO.

The "local-only" stamp in the upper left has System (red/blue house) and Duplo
(train in front of house) bricks, the upper right "60" stamp has Tahu, the lower
left "70" stamp has a Scala figure (which I mistakenly thought was Belville),
and the "$1" stamp in the lower right theoretically has a Racers car.  Tahu's
the easiest one to identify, and the skateboard and girl (but not the clothes)
come in Scala set 3122.  The Duplo train appears to be a slightly inaccurate
drawing based on set 2931 (I'm not even going to try to track down the System
house).  I'm unable to find anything that resembles the red racecar (it actually
looks more like something from the Action Wheelers line), but there is supposed
to be a Racers stamp according to this LEGO Club article:

http://club.lego.com/news/default.asp?x=x&pagename=newsitem&contentid=268

The stamp with the red car is also shown in the LC article, and I'd hope they
wouldn't include a stamp that doesn't feature an actual LEGO product when they
omitted one that clearly does.