 General / 45102
Re: Lego in Switzerland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Neb Okla wrote:
Where is Lego Switzerland?

Um, I can't get any more accurate that "Switzerland".  Sorry.  One of the books
I got at NY Toy Fair 2002 has the following paragraph:

"LEGO elements are molded and decorated in Denmark and Switzerland, while they
are packaged into finished goods in the United States, Denmark, Switzerland,
South Korea, and the Czech Republic.  Worldwide more than 203 billion LEGO
elements have been produced since 1949."

Hm.  Whoops.  My previous post should have said "one of _five_ packaging
plants".  I keep thinking it's seven for some reason.  BTW, the molds for the
parts are produced in both Denmark and Germany, so Denmark is the only country
that goes from raw chunks of metal to packaged plastic parts.  They also have a
neat photo of a 2x4 grid of 2x4 bricks laid out on the mold.

Do they have tours or anything?

You'd have to ask them.  The book doesn't say much else about the Swiss plant.