 General / 45084
RE: Problem with integration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:45:13 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Allan Bedford
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 3:30 PM
To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Problem with integration

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed wrote:
All my old sets that I got when I was younger
are still in their original boxes,

Actually, I forgot to address my childhood collection in my reply to Orion's
original posting.  I'm one who keeps these sets completely separate from my
'adult collection'.  In fact every piece in my current collection, used to
build
original models, has been bought since I got back into LEGO as an adult.  I
sometimes rebuild childhood sets, but not as often as I'd like.

I was one of those rare children... I took good care of my toys when I was
younger, the bricks in my 6080 and a bunch of the castle sets still look
brand new,  95% of the rest of the collection does too. (sets 105, 110, 115)
they've been mixed into my building collective, though the actual theme sets
I won't do.  Besides, there's something about the sound those older bricks
make when you push them together that's totally missing from the new
bricks...

have to worry that some of their rarer parts are
built into a MOC sitting on the shelf that I don't want to take apart, or
heaven forbid, lost or accidently traded...

Lost?  Traded?  I guess I don't comprehend either of those very well.  Once
part is mine..... it's mine.  :)

I'm starting to learn this :) though because I buy sets from a lot of
different themes, there's a lot of stuff in there that I just can't use to
build Castles... Wing plates for example... click hinges... granted I can
use some, though I sure don't need all that I've got...

Having said this, brings to mind one other assimilation problem I'm • having.
I've gotten a bunch of the creator sets, the wild things collection(x5) • and
the Little creations sets(x7), and I've dumped them all together, though I
won't sort them into my other building collective. So now I have 2
collections going, one to make Castles and other things and one to make • cool
animals :)

Is your younger collection part of one of these, or do you really have 3
collections?  ;)

I was wondering if someone would bring that up! didn't take long... yes in a
way I do have 3.. or even 4 considering I keep my technic stuff seperate too
though it's sorted into the same containers and stored with collection 2..
so I don't really think of being seperate.

Which I'm not really pleased with, though I can't bring myself
to sort them otherwise.

But why not?  There are slopes in the 4101 set... can't they be stored with
other slopes?  Same goes for the plates etc.  I'm just curious.  As I noted
in
my other reply, I don't think there are right or wrong answers for these
questions.  It's what works for the individual.

yes, slopes are slopes, it's just one of the quirky things :)  I'm sure
somewhere down the line they'll get mixed together, right now I'm just
enjoying the animals a lot. The Designer/Creator sets are some of the best
that Lego has put out in years.

Tamyra