 General / 45076
RE: Problem with integration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:34:22 GMT

I can understand your confusion, I've gone through it myself in the past,
and still do somewhat now.  All my old sets that I got when I was younger
are still in their original boxes, they've never been (as I call it...)
'assimilated into the collective' I like to be able to build those sets ever
I feel like it, and not have to worry that some of their rarer parts are
built into a MOC sitting on the shelf that I don't want to take apart, or
heaven forbid, lost or accidently traded... so those sets will also hold a
special place in my heart and will never be mixed.  Yes it's sad because
there's some good parts in those sets I could use in my MOC's... I still
won't do it!

That said, here's what I've done recently to overcome this a bit... Buy
multiples of the sets I like, keep one in the box if I really want to,
(usually  it ends up in a ziplock and stored in a big rubbermaid tub) though
the rest are assimilated.  I don't feel so guilty about not having the set
persay... because I do, and I'm not as afraid of losing the main parts to a
set.  Granted, I'm lucky enough to have the disposable income to do this for
the most part (Only smaller sets $30-40 or less)... You might not.

Having said this, brings to mind one other assimilation problem I'm having.
I've gotten a bunch of the creator sets, the wild things collection(x5) and
the Little creations sets(x7), and I've dumped them all together, though I
won't sort them into my other building collective. So now I have 2
collections going, one to make Castles and other things and one to make cool
animals :)  Which I'm not really pleased with, though I can't bring myself
to sort them otherwise.

I know this probably doesn't help you much, though I just wanted you to know
you're not alone in this!

Hi, my name is Tamyra and I'm a legoaholic with a sorting problem!
:)