 General / 44204
Re: Spray Paint Gone Awry - Need Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:15:44 GMT

I'd recommend Nevr-Dull because Brasso is too abrasive.  Nevr-Dull will
leave the glossy finish of new bricks and remove paint quite quickly.

It's great for removing paint from prepainted pieces, so fresh paint like
yours should be even easier.

Dave

"James" <thug@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:How2FG.1yCq@lugnet.com...
!Warning the following post contains graphical description of the • mutilation of
hundreds of Lego parts!

My wife was working on some shelves, and she decided to spray paint them. • The
wind was blowing a gentle breeze through the windows ... the paint was red • ...
one of the boxes with unsorted pieces was open ... there were sets on • display on
the lower shelf.  A fine mist of red paint wafted through the air, • settling on
the unsuspecting bricks.  Some of the white parts are now light pink, tan • base
plates are now orangish, transparent parts are now slightly less • transparent,
gray bricks now are ... well reddish gray.  Hundreds, if not thousands, of • parts
are effected with a light coat of red paint.

I've read about Brasso, and Nevr-dull, and would like to hear any comments
that can be offered.  How much elbow-grease is required?  Do you think that
cleaning a thousand parts is realistic with either of these?   Are there
other options?

Thanks for helping,
James