 General / 44085
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:40:18 GMT

Well after reading a few of the posts (I found this just now, and I don’t have time to read all of the posts so I apologize if I’m repeating what others have said), I have decided that while there could be some problems with the new colors there could also be more options opened up.

Your supposed to use legos to express your imaginations, so since Lego has changed some of the old colors use your imagination to figure out a good way to use them. One thing I have all ready thought of is the fact that since they are so close to the old perhaps you could use them for some kind of gradient (at least from a distance).

My point is that Lego has made changes to their product lines in the past and people figured out new ways to use them, think about all the MOCs that use Bionical parts or the MOCs that use lift arms. Originally a lot of people did not like the Bionical lines (I was one of them) but now people have figured out good ways to use them (the “organic” MOCs for an example). The same goes with lift arms, I for one did not like it when Lego started changing all their Technic/Mindstorms sets to lift arm only, but after buying a few I have found good uses for them.

Personally I don’t really care about the color change; I’m too much into just building functional robots from the Mindstorm/Technic sets so color has never been that much of a concern for me. But I thought it should be brought up that once these sets start being bought and used we could end up seeing new MOCs that could not have been made (or at least would not have looked as good) with the current colors. Give it time lets see how people use these new colors, I do think that Lego should keep having the old colors available in bulk though for those who like them better and just to give more options in the available colors.