 General / 44030
44029  |  44031
Subject:
Please Call Consumer Affairs: Vote for the Lego System with your wallet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:26:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well I just got off the phone with Consumer Affairs.  I approached them not as an AFOL, but as a father of a 7yr old.   I explained that I purchased a metroliner for my son previously and now see news on-line from Lego that the brick colors won't be interchangable any more.  AND that I'm concerned about buying additional Lego sets for him this Christmas if the colors won't match his current sets.

Well she got the point very quickly and began assuring me that the colors in the
current train sets have not changed (curios since 2 minutes earlier she wan't at
all aware of this).  She recorded my concern and said that if I wanted
additional information to write Consumer Affairs on their website.

There is a world of difference between introducing a new color, and modifying a
popular standard.  The lego standard colors are every bit as much a standard as
stud size/spacing.  Changing them undermines the interchangability of the Lego
System and affects AFOLS and children alike.  I encourage everyone to PLEASE
call Consumer Affairs ( 1-800-453-4677 ) and let them know that your buying
dollars are dependent on the interchangability of the Lego system.

- Brian Williams