 General / 43987
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:15:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:

Maybe a good way to think about the question is this: can you imagine, hypothetically, a time when MEGA BLOKS quality rises high enough, and LEGO quality sinks low enough, that you would begin buying MEGA BLOKS in preference to LEGO? If the answer is “no,” then you’re probably a dedicated brand loyalist. If the answer is “yes,” then you may be loyal to the brand, but you’re also a pragmatist.

Then my answer is “yes” ;-)

On that quality point, I know you’re talking hypothetical here, but I did call the consumer services number to do some inquiring of my own. The rep told me that LEGO was getting calls that people were hearing rumors that LEGO was using a lower grade of plastics and such a rumor is absolutely false.

One more note about my conversation with the rep- I did ask if she had any of the new color of gray to compare with older ones and was told they do not at this moment and won’t untill mid December; it’s in another warehouse that’s a bit of a walk. The rep also sounded a bit surprised when I said light gray was one of the colors in for the change.

   By the way, MEGA BLOKS are great!

Dave!

To each his own.....

Adr.