 General / 43856
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:12:22 GMT

I, personally do not mind the new colors. I think that my Castles and Fortresses
would actually look better with a more "stone" like effect with the brick color
differentation.

However I was wondering why did you decided to create "Galidorized" Castle
figures? Many people in the castle community are very disappointed at this turn
of events, myself included. Some of us feel that there are still many
possibilities that can be explored with Castle Theme. Like new factions and what
not. I have even proposed that you could merge Castle and Pirates and have sets
that contain Galleys, Trade Cogs, Long Boats and whatever else.

As a student of business, I know that Lego is trying to make new things to keep
people interested. But I also feel that you did not follow what happened to
Coca-Cola. Do you remember when they tried to make "New Coke", well that product
flopped badly. It turned off many of their loyal consumers, I fear the same will
happen if Lego neglects its long time and loyal fans.

To me, I view Castle, Town/Train, and Space as the cornerstone themes to Lego.
Pirates was somewhat of a 2ndary theme, but I believe they've been usurped by
Adventurers. Which is okay in my opinion as I find adventurers to be more
appealing. Although there is still room for large sailing ships to make an
appearance in Castle theme.

Back to the Coca Cola incident... they decided to axe New Coke and brought back
"Classic Coca Cola". Not only did their loyal customers return, but they gained
new ones; so many that their consumer base tripled. Perhaps if Lego does
something similar, by not "juniorizing" Lego sets then the older fans will buy
even more and that the new consumers, those who are currently children, will
rediscover what the older generation enjoyed. Much like what happened with Coca
Cola.

Please take what I have said to consideration.

Thank you for you attention.

Sincerely,
John-Paul ... a BIG fan of Lego.