 General / 43744
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:48:47 GMT

Thanx to Jake for trying to clarify the situation. Though it's good to know
that no changes are being made to the studs, it doesn't explain the obvious
difference in the pictures shown. But I guess it'll take some time to
investigate where the bad mould is being used.....

The main thing this story shown is that I do not and probably never will
understand marketing. It sounds a bit like Coca Cola changing their recipe.
That proved a bad mistake (and a costly one). Those colours have sold well
for the last 20+ years. I've never looked at my Lego collection and thought
'Aren't all those colours nice and bright. Except that gray, it's a bit
dull...' It's GRAY for crying out loud! GRAY will never be a bright cheerful
colour!
Next thing Guinness are going to change the colour of their stout because
it's too dark and depressing....

Duq