 General / 43679
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:33:21 GMT

Jake, thanks for the info. It's a relief to know that the studs aren't going
to change.

Now, about those colors...

some
of the old colors (like light and dark gray) are fairly "muddy" and dull. • In
addition to consumer feedback pointing this out – and not positively – we • didn’t
like the "muddiness" either, and looked for a solution to make all the LEGO
colors "fit".

Where do the "sand" colors fit in this new world of brightness and light? I
would have called them far more muddy than either of the greys, or the
brown. For those of us who want some more realistic or "natural" colors to
build landscapes or real-looking buildings, these blue-ish greys are a real
step backwards.

It boggles my mind that you've had consumers complaining that the greys are
muddy and dull. It's *grey*, for pete's sake!

I guess it's time for a S@H grey stuff order!

Are the large grey baseplates going to switch colors too? Train track? The
new grey train wheels and buffers (or will those just disappear again once
the run has been used up)?

The worst thing will be the changeover period when we won't know what we're
going to get when we buy a set or order from S@H.

:-(   :-(   :-(

Kevin
ps: special bonus problems for custom kit producers: keeping greys
consistent within each kit.... dealing with irate customers who wanted old
grey in their kit not new grey or vice versa... not knowing which grey we're
going to get when we order for a kit run... oh my.
Railroad Depot kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-rrd.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1