 General / 4354
4353  |  4355
Subject:
BAYLUG LegoFest in the News!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:56:28 GMT

BAYLUG LegoFest in the News!
The Argus, the Fremont Paper, part of the Alameda Newspaper Group, has color
coverage of the BAYLUG LegoFest from Saturday on the Front Page of the
today's Local Section.  You can find it online at:
http://www.newschoice.com/newspapers/alameda/argus/default.asp
Then select Local from the left menu, and then the link at the top of the
article to get rid of the ads.
Not a bad article, except they list the wrong newsgroup.
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Zonker Harris
Sent: Friday, May 21, 1999 5:16 PM
To: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Grab bags at LEGOFest

Raymond wrote (in part);
Well, the grab bags have come together, and I hope people like them! • This
time the $10 bag features about $18-worth of LEGO -- about a 45% discount

  I wanted to thank Raymond in front of the group for doing this. He had
volunteered to do this last October in SF, and I think we were all very
happy with the quantity (value) and the mix of parts. I'm glad that he
steped up to this when I asked him to do it for our first club gathering.

  Raymond, if you want to keep doing this, you have my vote already! :-)

  On the other hand, maybe you could jot a small set of suggestions (or
make a web page) telling folks how to make good grab bags, and we'll see
if we can get someone else in the barrel for the next meeting! ;-)

  Tom, Mike: we'll miss you this weekend, and I'll try to shoot some video
of the event between the excitement. ;-)

  Everyone else, I hope to see you there (after you raid your local K-Mart
of the last few Star Wars sets. :-)

      -Z-

http://baylug.org/carlsbad99.html  Grand Opening Planning Page
http://baylug.org/zonker/  my main page
http://baylug.org/zonker/ZFSOne.html  the Firehouse
http://baylug.org/zonker/ZRondDom.html  the Round House
http://baylug.org/zonker/ZTrajnoj.html  my trains page
http://baylug.org/zonker/ZSignal.html  LED signal circuit
http://baylug.org/zonker/tables/building.html  table plans
        David K. Z. Harris    frenezulo@esperanto.org
"It's a good start, but I'm always looking for a few more LEGOs"