 General / 43342
Newspaper: Lego is firering 257 people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:23:23 GMT

Hi!

I found this in the paper today:
http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=292045

Which made me look for this:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=889
The stock is to large... I wonder if the "crisis" is still present in the
world, as for now people are taking about a rise within the next 6 months...
maybe that will help sales?
Then again, children today are more into computers and such. The
juniorisation (which I think is an old term today) might have an effect
here, I see the available sets in shops being worse and worse. There is
hardly anything I can use; I'd prefer S@H or second hand lego.
The selection is also small, and that many themes (spiderman, harry potter
etc...) hardly relate to eachother. I still miss a good theme which last for
years. At least S@H is still with us.

Ups, I seem to play the same record once again... sorry

When looking at this
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/pressreleases.asp
At least something is doing well...

PS: I beleive in the future. That is all we have :-)