 General / 43291
    Re: help please —Robert Fay
   Rotate the shaft. It should rotate with some ease. Short the connections on the motor and it should be very hard to rotate the shaft. This will give you a good idea if it is operational. Further tests with a volt meter and /or batteries will confirm (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: help please —Austin Greenwood
   (...) :-( That figures. I knew it felt too tight. (this what i get for buying used) Any way to fix connections, or better off getting a new motor? (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: help please —Robert Fay
   Many of these motors "lock up". I have tossed about four of mine. I have not found any way to repair them. You could try to get Lego to replace it if it is less than a year old. Sorry to hear you got taken on this deal. (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.general)