 General / 43201
43200  |  43202
Subject:
?Kubricks & Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 05:10:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Fiala wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
Weird.  Don't they even have stud-sockets on their feet?  What a missed
opportunity.  Ebay constantly has "LEGO-like Kubrick" figures on auction, but
I've never figured out what's so LEGO-like about them.  Or Kubrick-like,
for that matter, unless they demonstrate a nicely fanatical obsession with
directorial precision and cinematography...

*laugh*

There are tiny holes in the feet, and maybe they could take a lego dowel as
well, but it looks more like an artifact of the molding.  I couldn't remember
the name before, but if the figures remind me of anything, it's those Playmobil
figures.

They're not supposed to be for building sets - they're collectable figurines in
an odd format, really.  They're not very LEGO-like, and my first Kubrick was
bought from an auction with the assumption that they were.  That was
disappointing, but I've since gained an appreciation for 'em.

And with that, this is pretty much now left the topic of the board

Well, not completely off-topic.
Do you know if the capes or chest/body accessories
(like the Batman one) will work adequately on a minifig?

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=reviews&id=26722

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=reviews&id=26721

The chest on Batman, which is jus' one of many Kubrick chest/body
accessories look a lot like the body armor on the Lego minifig Ogel in size!!!
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6771

Just wondering if anyone ever swapped accessories or did a side by
side photo-op of the figures comparatively?

Thanks,

            --==Richard==--