 General / 43112
43111  |  43113
Subject:
LEGO® Systems Inc., names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:41:46 GMT

Playthings -- 9/18/2003 By Staff

LEGO® names president for Americas

ENFIELD, Conn. — LEGO has appointed Soren Torp Laursen president of its Americas division, LEGO Systems Inc., five months after the departure of former chief Andrew Black.

Laursen, a 17-year LEGO veteran who most recently served as senior vice president of the construction toy maker’s British-based Europe North and Europe East divisions, will assume his new role on Jan. 1, 2004.

“We’re thrilled with the appointment of Soren,” said Stig Toftgaard, LEGO Systems’ interim president. “His experience with global markets will really enhance our ability to grow in the Americas.”

As president, Laursen will oversee all business activity for the LEGO brand in the U.S., Canada and Latin America, focusing on customer relations. He will also function as a communication bridge between the Americas and LEGO global management team in Denmark.

Toftgaard will remain at LEGO Systems as senior vice president. He will continue to function as manager of operations.

-end of report-