 General / 43075
Re: Tactfulness, & respect
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:22:01 GMT

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HL1353.vF7@lugnet.com...
I just recently (about an hour or so ago) posted on Bricklink Forum, about • how
we're treating each other, & how no one seems to care for other AFOL's (&
ChildFOL's too) feelings anymore.  How we seem to rather tell someone • something
bad, then complement them on trying, and asking, or saying in a TACTful • (Tact
meaning saying something respectfully, & in a non-harmful manor) manor, a
correction...  Say a post I happened apon in .town a while back, when 2 • users
complained about how bad someone's pictures were, RAHTER then saying • tactfully,
"Is it possible to take better picture, or edit them?"

Why o' why is my lego online commmunity going into an endless sprial of • hate &
discontent?  Veterans, do you remember when you 1st entered the community, • and
people helped you to get to where you are today?  Why don't we do this • anymore?
Is it that you all care more for yourself now?  Are we just that mean?  Or • has
the USMC shead new light on this for me?  I've seen this downhill turn for • the
last few years, I've seen posts but none seem to get anywhere!

Can I finnaly return to posting my MOC's and actually get some feedback, • at
least, an "hey nice idea" or "I like this MOC." Heck I'd settle for • "Here's a
different way to do this" or "Can you take more pictures so we can tell • what it
is better?"

About once a year or so on Lugnet a few people start making noise about how
no one is nice anymore or the forum is going downhill or something.  I
really think this represents some sociological cylce rather than a sign that
it's all really going to hell.

I think your intentions are true, but you should spend some time on Usenet
or on some other lesser forums online.  Trust me, the online LEGO community
is unbelievably polite and civilized.

[  j o n ]
http://zemi.net