 General / 42999
42998  |  43000
Subject:
Report from Lego World Show / Legoshow 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:13:09 GMT

Hi all!

I was in Finland 2 weeks ago to visit the Legoshow Helsinki.
The pictures are here:

I went there Saturday morning to see the show at 16 o'clock. They let people
in in groups for three hours at a time. I decided to go that late as I could
not make it till 10 o'clock, and 13 o'clock is the most popular.
It was not that easy to find the show, as all information was in Finnish
only. It tooks some time and wild guesses to find it underground.
Finland has two languages, Finnish and Swedish, and I am disappointed that
TLC only adverticed in Finnish, leaving a group of the population out. Some
signs in Swedish would have helped me a lot, there should also have been
some in English I think.
After living in Finland, I know this problem, this is one reason why I left
again (I was living there once).

The show is mostly for children; it is mostly play and building areas, table
sports games and other simpler attractions. There were a general building
area and a building area for racer cars and tracks for testing cars.
There were also eight showcases with different models, a number of
sculptures, and four showcases with Harry Potter, Star Wars and Jack Stone.
A detail I really liked about the models where the mice everywhere in all
kind of situations - here are my favourites:

There were also some showcases with the best models/MOCs created there; and
a number other models/MOCs created by children attending the show. As I got
it the pic one model for each week as a winner. There seemed to be different
classes of ages (again - in Finnish only!)

I took 93 pictures in total, and used 81 of them (2 are not from the show).
I know some are missing, at least the man in the circus box, but sorry -
there is no picture of him. The picture for the test track for racers does
not show much, so I left that out too.

I talked to a girl working there; TLC had been there the same day (missed
them...); she told that is was the first time they were doing such a thing,
but the answer for doing it next year - why not? It was a success.
She could not tell where, but a guess would be Finland once again, or
Stockholm. We will see whether the show will go on next year and where.
She also told, that other people had mentioned the Swedish thing.

There were selling Lego too, at 20% off (last weeks, they had to sell it
all), I got the last five #4731's and a T-shirt (9,60 EUR). I am sure that
this the
last weekend there must have been a huge sale there!
I was looking for a #4484 too, that had the other small Star Wars sets
there, but not the #4484. Some other people looking for the same set found
_one_!

Leg godt
Sonnich