 General / 42881
Re: MLCAD/LeoCAD/LDRAW parts organiser?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:24:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Josh Baakko wrote:
I had a brain storm today for a parts organiser.  What if we had a program with
point-and-click like MLCAD & LeoCAD, that used LDRAW parts files, to organise
your home storage of parts!?  You could have it include an LDRAW image of what
you have, the colors, quanity, & a number/lettering box for where its stored?
You could use it to keep track of what parts you have available to build
something.

Any out there allready?  If not, any takers?
Josh

This isn't very difficult. I have made an Access database where I can fill in
how many bricks I have.
Every part has a record with the description, Lego number, LDraw number, lgeo
number and the name in Anton Raves library. You can thick of a box if you have
the part, and then you can fill in the number of pieces you have next to the
right color.

I'm now searching a method to load the image of the brick in to the record. I
haven't found it until now but I'm searching. If anyone has idea's... let me
know!

If you are interested in this database let me know,

Pieter
www.brickcreations.tk