 General / 42647
Re: Unbelievable infringement of copyright
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:44:34 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Ramy Fahmy wrote:

I was browsing the ebay listing for legos, and I stumbled on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3138948950&category=19011

I am not a lawyer, but I think this is a flagrant infringement of
copyright. This set is identical to a genuine LEGO rescue set, 6451
River Response, even the age markings and the seal sticker on the
box!!!!  It is being offered from Hong Kong.

TLC, Take note and action!

Actually, the more relevent issue is that the above auction is listed in
LEGO > Sets > Other, which is a clear violation of Ebay's listing policies
http://pages.ebay.com/help/index_popup.html?policies=listing-categorization.html
I have of course notified Ebay of this (and I'm sure that by this point
others have as well).  If Ebay remains true to form, they will do nothing
about a blatant violation of their declared policies.  It should then be
up to TLC's lawyers to demonstrate whether or not they are interested in
defending the LEGO brand.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/