 General / 42583
42582  |  42584
Subject:
BrickFest Sumo competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:40:10 GMT

BrickFest is almost upon us.

One of the highlights will be the Sumo competition on Sunday.

If you are planning on taking part, then you need to know;

The beacons will be infrared emitters - provided by the organizers.

The detectors may be;

your own standard Lego light sensor which will return a 2 or 3 light value
variation when "seeing" a beacon at a range of 18".

a custom IR sensor which is about 10x more sensitive with a detection aperture
of +/- 10 degrees.

These sensors may be obtained free of charge for you to keep from me :) If
there's time, I'll mail you one. If there isn't it'll arrive in August with me
at GMU on Thursday evening.

Please bear in mind that I will have to make these devices after knowing who
needs them and it may take a week or so, so the drop dead date is Aug. 1st for
delivery to the event and if you want one in the mail before that, you need to
email me in the next week or so.

The thing is, I need to know who you are. Let me know. Send me an email to
barnes@sensors.com with your registration name. I'll get a sensor out to you or
bring it to the event for you to pick up. But! you better show up with a Sumo
robot 'cos that's the required qualification.

best

JB