 General / 42434
Re: The Matrix Reloaded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:37:21 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Andrew Saada wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   anybody seen this movie & in particular the Zion door closing mechas?--they rock. I’d eventually like to build ‘em or something similar in Lego, maybe technic scale.

Jeff

Jeff,

Hehe...the spaced text didn’t work for the “Brief” post on the .page. No problem since anyone who has not seen Reloaded should go and do so NOW!

Okay, to answer your question: When I saw those mechs, building them in LEGO bricks was the first thing that came to mind. They do rock. There actually was a post to .general about the idea recently: http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=42339. It did not receive much coverage but Adrian Drake said he would be up to the challenge if the task had not been undertaken upon the arrival of the DVD.
What does bother me a bit is that those were open-air cockpits, unless I’m mistaken? If a sentinel did make it thru I wouldn’t want to be that pilot/operator.

Also, I have been thinking about parts since seeing it and I think there are some angled technic joints that fit the shape well, if done on minifig scale.

-Andrew

GardenSLUG

yeah, they were open air cockpits; after all the credits, there’s a trailer for Revolutions, and i seem to remember a quick clip of several mechas shooting or fighting something (offscreen), but i think those were open-air too. anyways, the resourceful humans of Zion *cough*AFOLs*cough* could simply modify it for several environments as there are window bulk packs :)

Jeff