 General / 42417
Re: Rush Hour game made with LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:35:52 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Terry Prosper wrote:
   I recently had to travel to Montreal to look for a new appartment. I wanted to buy a little puzzle game for the travel, but being real good at these games, I thought it would be cheaper just to build my own with LEGO parts instead of paying 20$ for 16 plastic cars and a board. Of course, the only thing missing now is the puzzle cards, but they sell a whole bunch of them separately, so if I want to play, I only have to buy the extensions!

Post mod link: (deep links below...) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46190

I used 1x2x1 panels to make the cars slide between the studs. I couldn’t use a tiles board becuase then the cars would slide anywhere. In this game, the cars must go only forward or backward, the object of the game being to free the red car from the parking lot.

My system is almost perfect, given the fact that I wanted it small and cheap. The only other solution I could think of where skateboard wheels, but I am not sure it would have worked as well and I sure don’t have as many as I would have needed!

The game includes 12 cars (2 wide and 4 long) and 4 vans (2 wide and 6 long). You’ll notice that I’ve made sure no 2 vehicules were the same, although sometimes only the colors are different. You can also almost know which cars I made first and which ones I made last, because they got more and more detailed as I built them. I’m really proud of the taxi and polica cars.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424915 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424928

The first car I made : the red car http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424939

One of the last car I did (note that I didn’t have 4 panels of the same color) : the station wagon http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424945

Taxi http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424947

Police http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=424935

PLMKWYT !!!

Terry

While I look forward to seeing it, I’ll have to wait for the folder to be moderated. The links you have posted are not deep links. They are links to a page which shows your picture and must be moderated. The deep link is to the picture itself (the actual .jpg file).

-Duane