 General / 42416
42415  |  42417
Subject:
Rush Hour game made with LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:12:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I recently had to travel to Montreal to look for a new appartment.  I wanted to
buy a little puzzle game for the travel, but being real good at these games, I
thought it would be cheaper just to build my own with LEGO parts instead of
paying 20$ for 16 plastic cars and a board.  Of course, the only thing missing
now is the puzzle cards, but they sell a whole bunch of them separately, so if I
want to play, I only have to buy the extensions!

Post mod link:  (deep links below...)

I used 1x2x1 panels to make the cars slide between the studs.  I couldn't use a
tiles board becuase then the cars would slide anywhere.  In this game, the cars
must go only forward or backward, the object of the game being to free the red
car from the parking lot.

My system is almost perfect, given the fact that I wanted it small and cheap.
The only other solution I could think of where skateboard wheels, but I am not
sure it would have worked as well and I sure don't have as many as I would have
needed!

The game includes 12 cars (2 wide and 4 long) and 4 vans (2 wide and 6 long).
You'll notice that I've made sure no 2 vehicules were the same, although
sometimes only the colors are different.  You can also almost know which cars I
made first and which ones I made last, because they got more and more detailed
as I built them.  I'm really proud of the taxi and polica cars.

The first car I made : the red car

One of the last car I did (note that I didn't have 4 panels of the same color) :
the station wagon

Taxi

Police

PLMKWYT !!!