 General / 42346
Re: My first (and probably only) poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:25:30 GMT

Anthony Sava wrote:

I felt like killing time and writing a poll.  After all, I'd never done one
before.  I have had this situation happen to me before on several occassions, so
I figured it must happen to other people, and it might make for a good poll.

<http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=164>

If you find my poll flawed, well, that's nice.  :)

Interesting poll. I wonder what level of honesty is being used. I chose
"try and pick up the pieces and reseal the box myself" as being the
closest to what I would do. I wouldn't actually try to reseal the box,
but if there is an open box and parts that appear to go with it, I would
usually make some effort to combine them. If I was interested in the set
and it appeared complete I would purchase it, perhaps hoping for a
discount (I don't think I've ever actually purchased such a set though -
usually I decide it's not worth my while).

I admit to being a bit of a neatnick (though I don't always leave the
place neater). I've moved mispaced merchandise (sometimes because it's
easier for me to survey what's there when it's more ordered). I've also
occaisionally unhidden clearance items people may have stuffed behind in
hopes of getting them at a lower price (but not always - of course
sometimes I buy the items - and during clearance time I make an effort
to find hidden goodies).

Frank